Precision Laser Cutting
About The Job
Craftsman 1 perform general duties in the steel fabrication shop.
Duties include operating basic hand tools, and assisting machine operators. Housekeeping and material handling are also components of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle Materials – within the shop and outdoors as required
- Perform Housekeeping Duties
- Operate Basic Hand Tools and Powered Hand Tools. i.e. Drills, Disc Grinders etc
- Operate equipment as described in company procedures, metal cutting saws, cutting torches, drills, material handling equipment and grinders
- Perform work safely and follow established work procedures
- Perform general tasks as assigned by Supervisor
Minimum Job Requirements
- Steel Toed Boots and safety glasses
- Suitable attire for a shop environment
- Availability to work shift work and/or overtime
- Must be punctual and possess a strong work ethic
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Knowledge and respect of shop safety
- Able to perform physically demanding work
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to work in hot environments
- This role involves primarily work in the shop. The person in this role can spend time outdoors, as steel is stored in the yard. The employee can be exposed to all weather conditions.
- Must follow and support company and legislated safety rules and regulations.